11/2/15

2015 Objectives (Update 10) . . .



"They" say that if you want to reach your goals - you should share them and your progress. Soooooo . . .

OBJECTIVES . . .
  1. Read 24 (or more) books (for ME - reading with my daughter doesn't count). 20.25 finished. I'm just a few pages ahead of schedule. I have my last four books chosen and have, obviously, started one of them. 
  2. Run 10 miles/week (on average). Yes. That is 520 miles (or more) in 2015. 18.1 miles/week (779.9 total miles on the year. I took the balance of October off (and feel good about that) and will be running just six to eight weeks/mile through the end of the year.)
  3. Finish a half marathon in under three hours (as many tries at it takes). I did not make it. I finished at 3:18. That is about ten minutes faster than the spring half I did and, honestly, fine. I still had a great eleven months of shooting for the goal. That, alone, should be worth something.
  4. Lose 100 Pounds. That's right. Get. Less. Fat. I'm down very few actual pounds for the year. This bums me out but I'm working on my 2016 goals and objectives and two of them will ensure that I stay more focused next year.
  5. Reduce wasteful spending by 10% (this is actually more about not growing my spending - I'm pretty friggin' frugal now). Reduced overall spending by 28% year-to-date. I'm calling this one a victory. 
  6. Increase savings contributions by 12.5% (I've been pretty minimal on this one lately - time to grow my future). Updated 401K, IRA, 529, Investments, and Insurance products by 113%.
  7. Earn college credits (I'm going back to school, one way or another) in 2015. Still time. Very, very little but - I'll figure it out.
  8. Reduce social media time by 25% (10 minutes/day or less). Logging an average of under four minutes/day (not including blogging, or efforts for work and/or my congregation) and am considering quitting Twitter altogether. 
  9. General Nutrition. I've quit soda, again. I've cut caffeine, again. I'm diversifying my menu and meal planning with an emphasis on healthier choices. I'm also snacking less. This is all good.
  10. Food Diversity. Getting better all the time. We eat tuna and swordfish and grilled vegetables and grilled fruit and I make a point to get at least two different dinners at the grocery store each week.