"They" say that if you want to reach your goals - you should share them and your progress. Soooooo . . .
OBJECTIVES . . .
- Read 24 (or more) books (for ME - reading with my daughter doesn't count). 18.20 finished. I'm every so slightly ahead of schedule and feel good about finishing the year strong. There are a few great books still ahead of me for 2015.
- Run 10 miles/week (on average). Yes. That is 520 miles (or more) in 2015. 18.6 miles/week (728.2 total miles on the year - I'm impressed with myself. I have just a week-ish of training left until my half marathon. We'll see how late-October - end-of-December go)
- Finish a half marathon in under three hours (as many tries at it takes). I had a very strong 1/4 marathon a few weeks ago and have been doing good pacing the last several weeks. If I have a strong morning in 10 days, I'll maybe break that mark - or come close.
- Lose 100 Pounds. That's right. Get. Less. Fat. I'm losing weight again. Hooray me!
Reduce wasteful spending by 10% (this is actually more about not growing my spending - I'm pretty friggin' frugal now). Reduced overall spending by 28% year-to-date. I'm calling this one a victory. Increase savings contributions by 12.5% (I've been pretty minimal on this one lately - time to grow my future). Updated 401K, IRA, 529, Investments, and Insurance products by 113%.
- Earn college credits (I'm going back to school, one way or another) in 2015. I didn't do this one. Still time. Still time.
- Reduce social media time by 25% (10 minutes/day or less). Logging an average of just over four minutes/day (not including blogging, or efforts for work and/or my congregation). I am going to make this one work.
- General Nutrition. Soda is still my best friend. I'm doing much better in terms of at least saying "I should NOT be eating this" and I am putting things down more quickly. I need to get better but I'm starting the process.
- Food Diversity. We are doing well with this one. Diverse dinners, packing lunches, proper breakfasts. I still need to figure out how to track and quantify but, again, this is started and feels good.