10/1/15

2015 Objectives (Update 9) . . .



"They" say that if you want to reach your goals - you should share them and your progress. Soooooo . . .

OBJECTIVES . . .
  1. Read 24 (or more) books (for ME - reading with my daughter doesn't count). 18.20 finished. I'm every so slightly ahead of schedule and feel good about finishing the year strong. There are a few great books still ahead of me for 2015.
  2. Run 10 miles/week (on average). Yes. That is 520 miles (or more) in 2015. 18.6 miles/week (728.2 total miles on the year - I'm impressed with myself. I have just a week-ish of training left until my half marathon. We'll see how late-October - end-of-December go)
  3. Finish a half marathon in under three hours (as many tries at it takes). I had a very strong 1/4 marathon a few weeks ago and have been doing good pacing the last several weeks. If I have a strong morning in 10 days, I'll maybe break that mark - or come close. 
  4. Lose 100 Pounds. That's right. Get. Less. Fat. I'm losing weight again. Hooray me!
  5. Reduce wasteful spending by 10% (this is actually more about not growing my spending - I'm pretty friggin' frugal now). Reduced overall spending by 28% year-to-date. I'm calling this one a victory. 
  6. Increase savings contributions by 12.5% (I've been pretty minimal on this one lately - time to grow my future). Updated 401K, IRA, 529, Investments, and Insurance products by 113%.
  7. Earn college credits (I'm going back to school, one way or another) in 2015. I didn't do this one. Still time. Still time.
  8. Reduce social media time by 25% (10 minutes/day or less). Logging an average of just over four minutes/day (not including blogging, or efforts for work and/or my congregation). I am going to make this one work.
  9. General Nutrition. Soda is still my best friend. I'm doing much better in terms of at least saying "I should NOT be eating this" and I am putting things down more quickly. I need to get better but I'm starting the process. 
  10. Food Diversity. We are doing well with this one. Diverse dinners, packing lunches, proper breakfasts. I still need to figure out how to track and quantify but, again, this is started and feels good.