9/2/15

2015 Objectives (Update 8) . . .



"They" say that if you want to reach your goals - you should share them and your progress. Soooooo . . .

OBJECTIVES . . .
  1. Read 24 (or more) books (for ME - reading with my daughter doesn't count). 15.23 finished. I'm still behind schedule but - that is life. September should allow me more reading time (I have a trip coming up and have the High Holy Days to fill).
  2. Run 10 miles/week (on average). Yes. That is 520 miles (or more) in 2015. 20.1 miles/week (605.8 total miles - My legs, ankles, and feet are feeling better and I had a strong August.)
  3. Finish a half marathon in under three hours (as many tries at it takes). Next chance at this will likely be October 11th. I may get another one on the calendar for later in October, too. Just in case. I've also got two 5Ks and a 10K scheduled for the fall, too. 
  4. Lose 100 Pounds. That's right. Get. Less. Fat. Still struggling with weight but we're getting serious about diet here at home.
  5. Reduce wasteful spending by 10% (this is actually more about not growing my spending - I'm pretty friggin' frugal now). Reduced overall spending by 28% year-to-date. I'm calling this one a victory. 
  6. Increase savings contributions by 12.5% (I've been pretty minimal on this one lately - time to grow my future). Updated 401K, IRA, 529, Investments, and Insurance products by 113%.
  7. Earn college credits (I'm going back to school, one way or another) in 2015. I am registering for a math course. Will keep you posted.
  8. Reduce social media time by 25% (10 minutes/day or less). Logging an average of just under five minutes/day (not including blogging, or efforts for work and/or my congregation). I am going to make this one work.
  9. General Nutrition. I'm going to quit soda. Again. I'm going to stop with processed/refined sugars. Again. I'm going to start eating more diverse foods and more conservatively. 
  10. Food Diversity. This one is getting better, too.