The delays and the wait are well worth it. You don't really think about it and you don't stress over it - you just sort of let it happen. THEN there are the parts of parenting that require patience that make me super, super grumpy.
Case in point . . . "Hold" and "on" are the most uttered words in the Amore household. And never calmly or in a controlled or musical way.
To be clear, the words can be beautiful and musical:
Wilson Phillips wants you to do it (for at least another day or so) . . .
- "Time to go." . . . "Hold on."
- "What is 3 x 9" . . . "Hold on."
- "Would you please turn that off so we can get going" . . . "Hold on."
- "I need help with this homework." . . . "Hold on."
- "I'm not sure how much more I can do." . . . "Hold on."
- "The car broke down and we're halfway over this cliff and there is a lion coming to eat us. I'm going to get help. Just hold on."