1/1/15

15 Publicly-Shared Goals (and Objectives) for 2015 . . .


As anyone who really knows me (and my horrible ticks) can tell you - I am very goal (conceptual and subjective) and objective (tied to a specific number or threshold of success/failure) oriented. I do daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and decade goals (and objectives) and have some life-long pursuits and benchmarks on paper, too. It is how I do what I do and how I manage my brain. MOST of my goals and objectives are for me and me alone (and eventually being published in my memoirs and/or court records). SOME of them are for the world to know about . . to that end - here is an overview of my 2015 (as far as you suckers need to know):

GOALS . . .
  1. Embrace travel again (MHK, Kansas City, east, otherwise - let's pack a bag and go)
  2. Try to feel "happy" (I have, for 38.5 years insisted that "happy" is a joke that only fools chase . . . I'm wondering if I should be more foolish)
  3. Become a Better Jew (A lifelong pursuit that will continue in my first full year in the tribe)
  4. Sing more (services, in the shower, and maybe something more formal)
  5. Swear less (this one is going to be hard but I'm committed to it)
  6. Make our house feel like a home (this is a mixture of spending a ton of money on crap that we love, crap that we need, and crap that we want as well as time and energy to make it all warm and welcoming)
  7. Continue to Grow Up (I'll turn 39 this year. It is TIME!)
OBJECTIVES . . . 
  1. Read 24 (or more) books (for ME - reading with my daughter doesn't count) 
  2. Run 10 miles/week (on average). Yes. That is 520 miles (or more) in 2015.
  3. Finish a half marathon in under three hours (as many tries at it takes)
  4. Lose 100 Pounds. That's right. Get. Less. Fat.
  5. Reduce wasteful spending by 10% (this is actually more about not growing my spending - I'm pretty friggin' frugal now)
  6. Increase savings contributions by 12.5% (I've been pretty minimal on this one lately - time to grow my future)
  7. Earn college credits (I'm going back to school, one way or another, in 2015)
  8. Reduce social media time by 25% (10 minutes/day or less)
How are you going to attack and conquer 2015?