As anyone who really knows me (and my horrible ticks) can tell you - I am very goal (conceptual and subjective) and objective (tied to a specific number or threshold of success/failure) oriented. I do daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and decade goals (and objectives) and have some life-long pursuits and benchmarks on paper, too. It is how I do what I do and how I manage my brain. MOST of my goals and objectives are for me and me alone (and eventually being published in my memoirs and/or court records). SOME of them are for the world to know about . . to that end - here is an overview of my 2015 (as far as you suckers need to know):
GOALS . . .
- Embrace travel again (MHK, Kansas City, east, otherwise - let's pack a bag and go)
- Try to feel "happy" (I have, for 38.5 years insisted that "happy" is a joke that only fools chase . . . I'm wondering if I should be more foolish)
- Become a Better Jew (A lifelong pursuit that will continue in my first full year in the tribe)
- Sing more (services, in the shower, and maybe something more formal)
- Swear less (this one is going to be hard but I'm committed to it)
- Make our house feel like a home (this is a mixture of spending a ton of money on crap that we love, crap that we need, and crap that we want as well as time and energy to make it all warm and welcoming)
- Continue to Grow Up (I'll turn 39 this year. It is TIME!)
- Read 24 (or more) books (for ME - reading with my daughter doesn't count)
- Run 10 miles/week (on average). Yes. That is 520 miles (or more) in 2015.
- Finish a half marathon in under three hours (as many tries at it takes)
- Lose 100 Pounds. That's right. Get. Less. Fat.
- Reduce wasteful spending by 10% (this is actually more about not growing my spending - I'm pretty friggin' frugal now)
- Increase savings contributions by 12.5% (I've been pretty minimal on this one lately - time to grow my future)
- Earn college credits (I'm going back to school, one way or another, in 2015)
- Reduce social media time by 25% (10 minutes/day or less)