3/12/14

Scat Humor . . .

As a general rule of thumb I am "anti" scatological humor . . . that is jokes and light-hearted discussion of waste products. This covers all your broad categories . . . pee, poop, vomit, etc. and it covers the bases on other "comedic" pursuits that start or end on these subject matters.

Do I think scat humor CAN be funny? Sure, sure. Humor can be found ANYWHERE (except Mindy Kaling, of course). And who am I to judge anyway? I laugh at jokes and humor targeted directly at pubescent boys and I also laugh at jokes made on Prairie Home Companion.

The four people in this world I find funniest at this exact moment are David Sedaris, the writers for Psych (one person for the sake of this argument - also ONLY THREE MORE EPISODES - (what is left of) my heart breaks), Patton Oswalt, and Paula Pell. ALL of them make poop jokes - on the REG!

So why am I opposed to scat humor? I have no idea. Why am I blogging about it? I have even less (of an) idea. Why are you still reading this? You have no idea.

That's it. That's the whole post. Poop humor = Not for me.