The twist being that everything is there - in black and white - and maybe we don't see our relationships and interactions the same way our friends and observers do and that, often, the difference between us being happy and healthy might be having to give up our cell phones for a specified amount of time.
Here's how it works:
- Your friends/family/colleagues/other think you are doing yourself harm in a relationship
- They realize that they might be able to help you either get the situation resolved (happier or done) by use of the various communication tools in your phone that allow them to be "you" (texting, e-mail, social media, etc.)
- They walk up to you, their cell phone in hand, and say "Give me your cell phone for X minutes" (we thought five minutes is a good amount of time)
- They unlock their phone and hand it to you. You do the same
- The clock starts
- The clock runs
- The clock ends
- You return each phone to its rightful owner
- You can LOOK at what was said and done but you can not delete, edit, update, recant or even clarify what was done
What do you think? You want to play a quick round of "Give Me Your Cell Phone"?