6/7/13

Pop Music for My Daughter . . .

Get down, girl. Go-head get down.
I have a problem. It's not "that kind" of problem but it's a concern . . . I don't have "cool" taste in music.

To elaborate - I am SURE that my musical tastes are superb - but my six year old disagrees.

It seems Mommy has better taste in music (and, again - credit where credit is due, she does listen to a different, more appealing type of tune). Fine. Fine. Fine. No Olafur Arnalds for you. I get that.

But here's what I'm not going to do - GIVE UP.  So I've prepared the following playlist for my child. As you will see (hear?) it is (almost) all women singing about stuff that is sorta' drivel and sorta' meaningful with a generally catchy-enough beat to keep her happy. OH and some MIA in there because, why not . . .

It is not all perfect but she enjoys it in the tub (when Strange Currency is not available - NO disrespect, Global Village) and when we're doing arts and crafts. Please to enjoy . . .