A good chunk of the rest of my time is spent parenting. More still spent studying for Jew School and reading in general. I listen to music. I watch a tonna' Netflix on my Roku. I go for walks (I should go for more walks).
Try as I might to stay busy and productive though . . . I still find time left over for fret and worry.
No. I don't worry about money or security (a new job is around the corner and money is fleeting) and I don't worry about the stuff my normally self-centered brain goes to. Nope. Instead I am scared of things like . . .
- The state of politics in Kansas.
- The guy in Dillons who could not explain the "cookie vs. creme (no, not cream)" Oreo promotion to my child despite being HIRED to run the promotion.
- I took a pledge from a KPTS donor tonight who would pay $525 for him and five other people to see THE TENORS!
- That a woman I used to date self identified herself as a seven. When did THAT happen?
- I am thinking about buying a new car in December to mark the 10th anniversary of owning my current (and to date ONLY) car.
- The state of education in Kansas.
- I obsess over these. Daily.
- A stranger on the street today told me that she needed to find a bathroom before her "guts leaked into her shoes." And I HELPED DIRECT her to a restroom vs. running from her.
- The state of art and culture in Kansas. (FACT - If they reach the goal for plates sales here, it will EQUAL the state's budget for TOTAL direct expenditure on the arts in Kansas).
- My parents REALLY think the only reason the Pope is retiring is because of his health.
- I never saw (nor did I understand) the end of the movie Red Lights coming but I REALLY enjoyed the movie.
- Ha. Ha. Haaaaa. Bush 2016 rumors. Haaaaaa.
- People are making "Harlem Shake" videos. Still. 16 minutes later. In HUGE numbers.
- I got an e-mail today from a person I've known for 19 years and they spelled my name S-H-A-U-N. He E-MAILED me that. My E-MAIL address starts with my FIRST NAME SPELLED CORRECTLY. Shaun? REALLY? The second most obnoxious way to spell the name (you're still the King, Schoon - yes, I knew someone that spelled it that way).
- I thumbed through Splurge magazine today. Twice. And not even on the toilet. (You're welcome for THAT mental image.)
- The Jodi Arias trial is STILL going on. And the jury has ONE HUNDRED questions to ask before they settle on a verdict.
- It was headline news today that they MAY know the gender of the baby growing inside the maybe-future-queen-of-England. And it's NOT a boy (ruh-roh, Reorge!). I kid. I don't give a DAMN about that baby.
- My ex-wife told me she "never" reads my blog! When did THAT happen?
- I will probably never get over the massive creativity that some people posses. I have BIG ideas. I'm a BIG thinker that can problem solve. But my ideas rarely create magic.
- Just about EVERYTHING in Kansas.
Someone. Please. Hire me. My brain is turning to even greyer matter.