1/24/13

Great Use of 2 Hours . . .

I love (and own just about) all the Studio Ghibli movies. While Spirited Away is my absolute favorite (the kiddo prefers Howl's Moving Castle), they are all certainly beautifully made versions of (generally) classic stories and the partnership between Ghibli and Disney seems natural and I hope it continues forever but I have to say what I like best about the films is the music. The scores, largely composed by Joe Hisaishi - who has 100 scores and albums to his creit - are spectacular and this live concert performance will make you a fan, if you are not already.

Go ahead and play it. You don't have to watch the whole thing but he's such a joyous conductor and the musicians seem so happy to be playing and singing his work that you might just find yourself mesmerized.



When you're done - go watch Spirited Away. Or any of 'em . . .