11/11/12

Things I Covet . . .

I try very hard to not walk around the world "wanting" stuff. I try to be self sufficient. I rarely ask anyone for anything that I can't do for myself and MOST of the time even when I DO ask for support or help or stuff - I feel super weird about it. That being said, I'm a mere mortal and there are things in this world that I want that I can't provide myself. Here are just a few (in plenty of time for the Hanukkah season).

BIKE - I have a bike. My in-laws gave it to me. It was a fantastic gift but I didn't take very good care of it and now it has some rust and some cable issues. If I get a new one, I'll take super-duper care of it. And I will ride it a lot and drive less and will be a good bicyclist vs. those a-holes that put themselves in harm's way, etc. I prommmmmmmmmise!

FAITH - The ability to advance my current mindset that everything (good and bad) happens for a reason to include the notion that ALL of those things are orchestrated by a power/entity bigger than the rest of us. A power by the name of G-d!

LESS MEAT - I don't want to be a vegetarian, vegan, or pescetarian but I do want to eat less meat. Also, less processed food, less fat, less sodium, less guilty pleasures. I just want to eat better.

MICRO-HOUSE - I live in a 400 square foot apartment. There are (fleeting) moments when Ava is here and it feels a wee cramped but, generally, it feels like more than enough space. I want to build a place that is maybe on a little more property but not much bigger that I can truly call mine.

PEACE - I want to feel comfortable, content, and confident in where I am and where I am going. Remember - peace is not the absence of war . . . it is the absence of the threat of war.

PERSPECTIVE - I wish I could find this crap funny. Everyone else seems to. I just can't get in to it.

SKILLS - No. I'm not talkin' with a "z" (that ship has probably sailed, sorry ladies) but I want to learn new things. Get better at knitting, learn Hebrew, frame out a door jamb, make my own sharp cheddar cheese, be able to discuss Eastern European politics with relative confidence. SO much to learn. NO better time to do so than today.

THESE

VICTORY - Skibba is way, way, way better at Connect 4 AND CANDY LAND (a game that has NO skill/strategy/gamer mindset potential) than I am. I want to shame her. I know. Petty. Oh well.

YOGA - I want to get more limber, build a little muscle, get more focused, and have an activity where farting in front of other people is just sort of "accepted" as no big deal.