11/24/12

Opening Credits . . .

I saw three movies in the the-ay-tur (as a good chunk of the Kansas pronounce it) this week. I know, I know. I have QUITE the life. One was with the kid (Rise of the Guardians) I enjoyed it more than the average animated flick. Then I saw two movies for me. First, Argo (I love John Goodman, I thought the film was fine). Second, Skyfall

I have to say, I enjoy these latest Bond films far more than the nostalgia-bred films of yore and this one may have been my favorite to date (Javier Bardem is so wonderfully creepy as a villain) but my favorite part of the film had to be the opening credits (disclaimer - the quality of this clip does the real thing no justice). 

Bond movies are known for their credits but this sequence, including Adele's new song, (let's go ahead and give her an Oscar and acknowledge she can do no wrong) were truly wonderful. I was inspired to think about some of my favorite opening sequences from movies.

5) Catch Me If You Can . . . 


4) Thank You for Smoking . . . . (sidebar - a great book that any/all PR pros should read)


3) Fincher's Girl with the Dragon Tattoo . . . 


2) Naked Gun 33 1/3 . . . 


1) Love Actually . . . (sidebar - I will cry every time I see this movie either during the opening credits, when Emma Thompson absorbs her husband's affair or during the closing sequence - perhaps all three).


What movie credits do you like?